log web page visits Blaaarrgh!

日曜日, 11月 23, 2003

Thoughts
Well, thanksgiving was decent. I actually had some good conversations with people about various things. That is not, however, what I plan to write about. First, I had a bizarrely frightening dream coupled with now, annoying stomach pains, which is why I'm writing now.

The Dream
This dream was frightening for reasons unknown to me, but since it is yet vivid, I record it. It involves four characters, Myself, whom I will call T, a male, whom I will call F, one unidentified female, whom I will call U, and one female, whom I will call J.

T was outside the house, trying desperately to fix his communication gear. U and F were out there in the dark, preparing to move, and the stupid headphones for the communications gear wasn't working. Why did he have to get the faulty equipment? J ducked in...(muffled questioning dialog). Where was his gun, he had to have it. Oh, there it is, wait its only a soft plastic foam gun, still it will do, this is only a soft plastic foam game. U and F run past T on the far edge of a cul de sac of brick houses. T and J (muffled conversation, I assume we decide to split up and move). T runs to another small wooden building, taller than it is wide. A shopping cart wheels by, it must be windy, but he doesn't remember any wind. He peers around the corner; the shopping cart continues away from him, and then turns and parks itself into a parking lot cart collector. That's it, something strange is behind that, luckily T knows martial arts because the soft foam gun isn't going to help. He executes a perfect flying jump kick, into an invisible being, that executes Tai Chi wave hands perfectly, which sends T up a green-grey concrete handicapped ramp with an aluminum railing. End Dream.

Freaked me out. If there is one thing I hate it is fighting invisible opponents who have mastered Tai Chi. What irks me more, is that if I had not chosen to execute the flying jump kick, but instead dropped to a relaxed Tai Chi horse stance, I could have trapped that invisible thing against the evil shopping cart. It wouldn't have stood a chance because I could sense its moves. I was just anxious and acted foolishly. I hate it when that happens. I'm also avoiding trail mix and Lapsang tea before turning in. Also, this is the first dream I have ever lost a martial arts conflict. Must practice more I guess.