log web page visits Blaaarrgh!

金曜日, 7月 02, 2004

Thoughts

Well, the past week has been a bit hectic. Our computer has been acting a bit weird for a while now and I haven't been able to access anything on it so I'm writing this on a different computer. I'm not entirely certain what is wrong, but I think I've found the source of the problem. Call me funny, if you will, but I think it has something to do with the cup of coffee that was poured into the floppy drive in an attempt to get it to "wake up." Ever since then we get this bizarre errors: the monitor will not work, but the drive is attempting to process something, the monitor works but the drive does not process, or sometimes nothing happens at all. The coffee thing is merely a theory, however, it could be any number of the substances that came dribbling out with the coffee as I turned the computer on end and wept: sugar; milk, those things that The Wife adds to her coffee.

Not having the computer around is actually quite nice. Despite the incredible stress about finishing my research project and doing class work, not having to stare at a screen is marvelously freeing. I went out about Minakuchi and took some more wonderful pictures a couple of days ago, I have been able to get some fun reading done, and some, note: some, housework done. Still, I've missed a fair amount of my music. Not too much, as we had an influx of CD's two weeks previous to the coffee incident, and I have been collecting more CD's from Book Off! I mostly just missed the random play for my ADD mind. I don't really have ADD, but I feel like the episode of Dr. Katz where his patient discusses the random function on CD players, "I'm familiar with your album, but not in the order you think."

We met Ka-kun down by the river last night for some fun conversation and to meet his coworkers. Pretty fun people, they break horses for a living. If anyone has any interesting links they've visited recently, let me know, I must let the screen consume me with never-ending worthlessness!

Later

1 Comments:

At 11:16 午前, Anonymous 匿名 said...

CONGRATULATIONS
this site is fantastic.I am from Brasil and almost every day I read this page to study english and learn a lot about this diferent country.Please keep writing .

 

コメントを投稿

<< Home