log web page visits Blaaarrgh!: And I laugh quietly to myself...

木曜日, 1月 19, 2006

And I laugh quietly to myself...

The benefit of having lunch while class is going on is that I get to overhear things. Right now, I hear three children SCREAMING.

Someone did something bad. Someones. And it was stressed that they had to say "Sorry," before them were allowed back into class.

Cue crying. No, wait. Uuuuup! Uuuuup! SCREECH! HOWL! Tantrum!!! And in the middle, I still hear the teachers repeating vainly like broken records, "Say sorry! Sooo-rrryyy... Say sorry! Say it! And you can go back in!"

You gotta let kids cry. This is one thing I have learned. Tantrum zone = no man's land. Kids have entered a disparate universe, and cannot be brought back.

Someone in the howling screams, "SOOORRRRYYYYUUAAAAAHHHH!" and they are allowed back in. Gradually, the others also say sorry. But someone is still screaming-- hoarse, horrible wails that sound like an amped up version of the cat sex outside our windows at night. They are... beyond.

I am glad I am not in the classroom. ^_^