log web page visits Blaaarrgh!

土曜日, 4月 03, 2004

Saturday, bright and early

The nice thing about Saturdays is sleeping in, that's for sure. Sleeping in until NINE. And waking to hear my husband still busily trying to finish his programming project. "The computer crashed twice," he says, his voice hardly producing any sound--still hoarse from a cold that pretty much reduced him to squeaking for two days. "Oh," I respond, buried underneath the blankets on the futon, and think, 'This means I have to put away laundry, then.'

I'm always glad when he has to put the computer back together again when it self-destructs. I also get to laugh at him when he's still so wired that even at ten o'clock he's reading ACM publications to try and unwind down from a frustrating all-nighter. (Naturally I help him sleep by slathering Vicks VapoRub all over his chest and slamming his head to the pillow, shouting, "SLEEP, YOU, SLEEP!!!")

Despite the fact that I have to clean up before guests arrive, and our kitchen looks like the aftermath of a typhoon, I can't say I'm too fussed. I'm really proud of him. Sweet dreams, love.