log web page visits Blaaarrgh!

月曜日, 1月 26, 2004

Thoughts
Well, things have been going pretty well. I am, however, confronted by both hope, but paralyzed by my own faults. I just had a brief discussion about this with Aku Ender. I'm competing for a scholarship that would be very nice for the payment of my postgraduate studies, but I fear that past indiscretion will place me out of the running before I even start, so I am mounting my willpower to overcome my inherent apathy so that I can realize some of my goals. I think the thing that I fear the most is constructing my CV or resume, depending on who you ask.

I had a good weekend though. I watched a great Japanese horror movie, but I can't remember the title, but it had a TV movie and a theatre release movie. We, being R from Shigaraki and D from Hikone, agreed that the TV movie was of better scarifying quality, or at least more freaky. Other than that my weekend has been primarily devoted to one of my favorite hobbies, roleplaying. D is preparing a D&D game, and R is currently running a most excellent CoC game that The Wife and I are participating in. I know that makes up infinitely nerdy, but I don't mind being nerdy, I'm quite happy with my nerdiness. I've been working on a character concept for the D&D game and finalized it late yesterday evening in the midst of reading about Set Theory. It will take some doing to actually put it all onto a comprehensive backstory, but that's what I love about creating characters. I've always debated writing. Not writing as for to be published, merely a narcissistic fantasy to see my own words appear on paper, or some other medium. Perhaps that is why I'm doing this blog? I'm really too tired to be putting anything up right now, but I just had the urge to see electrons manifest as symbols which combine to give meaning. I found this interesting interview at the "Harper's Magazine" webpage, it pertains to Japan.

The times alone at night are some of the best I have, but only because they are framed by the most exquisite form and friendship of The Wife. It is a great and wonderful thing to gaze upon the face of your best friend as they sleep and take comfort in the fact that no matter what your vices and failures, your friend's are the same in their own way, and that it doesn't really matter. To The Wife, have a good day at work, because I'm not going to be conscious enough to even remember anything you say on your way out the door, so here is a, I love you, on the last vestige of consciousness. Good Night!