log web page visits Blaaarrgh!

金曜日, 11月 12, 2004

Thoughts

Occasionally I think about the people that have influenced my thinking and start to wondering where exactly they are. Of course, there are the parents, but much of my thinking has also been influenced by friends. I was in one of these moods a couple of days ago and looked up a friend with whom I have let contact fall by the wayside. It is really unfortunate since he helped me find the joy in studying the science of computing as well as making physics enjoyable, which affected our performance more than was healthy. Anyway, it was good to see that he's apparently doing well. Hopefully we'll be able to reestablish contact, but it has been nearly four years since we last talked. He went off to Germany, and I to Japan. Regardless, I'm pleased he's doing well.

Also, a, "We're quite happy for you," goes out to the enigmatic Aku Ender or thedaniel, depending on where you come from. The Wife was quite surprised, but I explained to her that it was merely surprising due to the level of communication, and she conceded. He has been very busy with his project and so the most I get out of him is a few words, and the most he gets from me is a few disconnected thoughts with no context, so it works out well. We’ve been hoping he’d be able to make it out to us in Japan before we head off to wherever we end up next, and depending on what happens with The Wife and U of E we may stick around for another year or four. We wish him and his spousal analog, as people we don’t know are fond of saying, the best.

2 Comments:

At 5:28 午後, Anonymous 匿名 said...

Your disconnected thoughts actually mean a lot to me - I may not reply to them coherently, but I take them under consideration in a serious way. Please, keep them coming. Oh, thanks for the "We're happy for you" - it was more than rpers could do, apparently.
~thedaniel

 
At 12:13 午後, Anonymous 匿名 said...

...and me as well. Actually I really keep meaning to reply, and will soon. Ideally before I leave for India on Saturday. In something that hasn't changed in the last few years -- I'm doing a demo in a week. I started really coding on it a couple days ago. There's way too much that still should get done in the next 5 days. Or maybe I'll just do some handwaving and pretending. ;-)

-Scott

 

コメントを投稿

<< Home