log web page visits Blaaarrgh!

金曜日, 1月 14, 2005

Thoughts

Ah! Life is finally normalizing after returning. We went to Saizeria on Wednesday, which is a regular occurrence, all the more so on Wednesday, when we used to have Saizeria nights. Saizeria is my haven for study. I can enjoy all I can drink, and it is rarely ever busy enough to guilt me into leaving. You see, the waiting staff is paid a fair wage; they don’t have to rely on tips, so as long as I’m not taking up a table that could be used for business there is no point in leaving. I can also enjoy faux Italian food. Thursday evening we had Nishida over, and despite how far our Japanese had deteriorated in the three weeks we were gone, we had a good time. We talked about the progression of Japanese authors, especially the similarities between Haruki Murakami and Kobo Abe. As for the last month plus, it had been quite hectic leading up to the 5th of December, but after the first two weeks were through all my exams had been finished and I could breathe a sigh of relief. We took three weeks to return to America to see friends and family. That was a great enjoyment and I was able to relax and get some reading done. Still, it is nice to get “home.” It is strange thinking of Japan as home, but it is, I think, where we feel we fit in. There are numerous problems, of course, like, our best friends are still in the states, we still are not fully functional with the language, and we have to move again in August anyway. That being said, I have a new project that I’m working on with thedaniel, but I’m not going to say too much more about it until we have a bit more thought put to it.

2 Comments:

At 6:05 午前, Anonymous 匿名 said...

Think hard, I feel the urge to start building...

 
At 10:45 午前, Blogger 景都 said...

I have been thinking hard. It is cosuming my free time-ish, where ish is the margin of error.

 

コメントを投稿

<< Home