log web page visits Blaaarrgh!

木曜日, 1月 20, 2005

Thoughts

thedaniel has hinted to the nature of "The Project." As for my own creative endeavor, I’ve been reading quite a bit, but with class work starting, the crispness is beginning to fade. That means I have to reread those books with utmost concentration so that I can weigh their authors’ thoughts in mind. However, the nature of classes means that I will be thinking very critically about the texts we must read, which I have already begun.

In preparation for “The Project,” and mental activity in general, I have been cleaning my personal space, and by that I mean, the hard drive. It has been very cathartic, like getting rid of all of the things that you keep convincing yourself that you need, but in actuality they are merely holding you back, mired in excess clothes, books, and random bits, or bytes if you prefer.

My research project is about begin again; a few more days and I’ll have access to the computers once more. I am not at all pleased with the progress I’ve been making, but my advisor has told me, and I quote, “[I]n discussing it with one of the top people there [they] [were] very pleased that we got [it] working in Phase One[.]” The “there” referenced is our grant agency, so apparently there are people pleased with the progress. Unfortunately, I can’t speak about the nature of what I am doing until it has been done, for bureaucratic reasons only, not because it is some mysterious thing. Thus, the computer cleaning is helpful for that project as well as “The Project.”

I’m also adding some new links to the side bar. Notice, if you will, that I have a link to the site feed. The other links I’ll let you check out on your own. I have also completed my Squirrel Nut Zippers album collection. I have, in fact, caught them all.

1 Comments:

At 10:41 午前, Anonymous 匿名 said...

I actually already have something else in my life that goes by capital-P "Project" - would it be too much trouble to call it The Endeavour or something else other than The Project? I don't want the delicate machinery that drives me creatively to get tangled. :)

..[the daniel]..

 

コメントを投稿

<< Home