log web page visits Blaaarrgh!: WHEW!

日曜日, 4月 01, 2007

WHEW!

The last few weeks have been very stressful, especially as we had no idea how the bills were going to get paid over the summer, and of course, the tightrope-walking anxiety about funding.

But yesterday, Security Husband landed a full time summer job, with potential extending into the school year. This week, he was told in passing that he is one of the students in most high demand to be an AI in the department. (He goes to VA week after next to defend the thesis. At last!! Wish him luck!)

That left me feeling a wee bit useless, but I received a letter today--I am an alternate for AIing in the fall, so that may pan out (as I know someone who will not be able to accept her AIship). Woohoo! I'm not so useless after all! It looks like I will also be taking Japanese in the fall, possibly, depending on the test, landing in the translation and reading course. Heaven help me. Language was supposed to be my "easy" course! >_<;!

And as of a few minutes ago, I have submitted my abstracts to present in the fall at the American Folklore Society annual meeting in Quebec (city), as part of a panel on children's folklore. I am breathless with excitement, like I have done something incredibly daring and foolhardy. Now I have to figure out funding to get me up there.

This means mega-planning for next semester, though I intend to do some gardening this summer, and taste the joys of full time child-care. Hanging out with baby will be more and more fun--she is almost crawling now.And I might have a reading list I can get through! I can scarcely fathom such things. Maybe we can even get baby into a normal schedule so she will sleep at regular times. Ideally, we can figure out day-care things, too.

But first, these other papers and research must get finished. Three weeks and counting??? Help!!!

1 Comments:

At 5:05 午前, Blogger Cygnet said...

Hey, guys. We would like to see you folks at some point. Summer is pretty busy, but we should plan something.

 

コメントを投稿

<< Home