log web page visits Blaaarrgh!

月曜日, 12月 01, 2003

Thoughts
The Wife and I are preparing to go "home," for the holidays. I say "home" rather than home, because I'm not really certain where I would call home. I have some serious fears about change and friends. I have a thought that says, everything is good for me when it happens, but dwelling on that overly long holds me back. I guess it has to do with the battle of being in the present, while using the past as a guide and looking forward to the future. I don't want to dwell overly much on either the future or past, but each one is necessary for my present condition. I guess I worry that friends I know will expect me to be something I am no longer. Usually those fears are allayed by serious contact with people in the past. Unfortunately it seems that serious contact is very difficult to come by, and so I fear that my friends will believe me to be something I am no longer, because perhaps I see them the same way. It isn't much, but that's about all I've got running through my head right now.