log web page visits Blaaarrgh!

水曜日, 5月 12, 2004

Thoughts

Yesterday I spent a large portion of my day battling my computer. If I won, it was a pyrrhic victory. I was able to drop the size of the winlogon.exe from 18,000K to 700K which was nice, but that was after far too much time.

In other news; I read an interesting article over at " Guardian Unlimited," about a new cheap way to get a hold of mp3s. It's called "All of MP3," and it is a Russian site for purchasing mp3s in a similar vein to iTunes or some such. There is a slight difference, instead of paying $.99 a song, you put down $10 for a gigabyte of songs. They also offer three different encoding levels so you can choose what quality of music you'd like to fill that gig with. I'd recommend checking it out. Seems pretty nifty.

The PBEM is starting up again after a couple weeks while I prepared for my exams. It is good to be writing again. I can't say that I'm very skilled at it, but it is something I enjoy. I'm also getting ready to run a new Shadowrun game. That should be interesting as well, and I'm looking forward to it.

That's it for now.