log web page visits Blaaarrgh!

月曜日, 4月 11, 2005

Thoughts

"Come with me to the principal's office" is an entirely uninspiring set of instructions. The kind that instantly make me shiver and think, "Oh, crap. I have done something wrong. I'm going to get in HUGE trouble." And then immediately start thinking of what I could possibly have done to get an personalized call-in to the principal.

It turns out I made it past Phase One. I got congratulations, several handshakes, and that was even stranger than just having it set down on my desk with no fanfare.

I have the unnerving sensation that my getting into this elementary-school teaching program up north is a matter of pride for the school. I am not only doing this for me, now. I am doing this for the Gipper. Er. The Suiko.

I am really scared, now. Phase One, with the essay that nearly broke me, was the easy part. Phase Two has me going down to kencho for an interview. In Japanese. Yeah, I am utterly confident about my ability to boss elementary kids around. Formal interview-language? I can feel my brain blank just thinking about it.

Luckily, everyone from my former supervisor, to my boss, to the principal himself have offered me their free time to help me do interview practice. 頑張ります!!!