log web page visits Blaaarrgh!: Strength in need, counselor in perplexity, comfort in sorrow, companion in joy

土曜日, 9月 24, 2005

Strength in need, counselor in perplexity, comfort in sorrow, companion in joy

Security Husband and I came to the conclusion earlier this week that perhaps nearly a month of extended being apart, prefaced several months of stressed work schedules may have been rather detrimental to our relationship. We have gotten used to lifestyles that are in fact not mutually beneficial to one another, and the price we have paid is in us.

Like the taste of a good wine in a forgotten bottle. When did I forget how to lose myself in his eyes? The time we have invested in one another springs back in us, in resilience to all the new challenges we face.

3 Comments:

At 3:55 午前, Anonymous 匿名 said...

Cheesy as it sounds, that's more or less the theme of the whole of the last Over the Rhine album (yes, there's still a little Calvin stuck somewhere in my teeth).

From the liner notes, "I think we had to learn that putting a long-term relationship on autopilot indefinitely can be dangerous [...] We opted to start over, reinvent our own relationship, dig deep and do the homework to see if we could make our marriage sing. We decided to redirect the same thought and energy, that we had been putting into writing and performing, toward our life at home together. [...]"

While from the sounds of things their situation was an order of magnitude more critical than yours, still at least a tenuous parallel.

The wine analogy caught my eye as they use something similar in a couple of instances.

Anyway -- hope things are able to normalize without too much strain.

-Scott

 
At 9:22 午後, Blogger 景都 said...

Scott!!!

Still haven't heard their new album yet... (Sadly, did I know they even HAD a new album!?) Pedro the Lion's last album was a frightening look at a marriage falling apart... listening to the whole thing at one go is scary.

Thanks for the support! That comment about "autopilot" serves as a caution for any relationship, I think. I consider both of us to be fairly sensitive to things. Usually we have out with things that are bothering us right away... when it takes lifestyle change and lots of work, man, that is hard.

*grin* Wine, or chocolate. Both analogies I use too much. But as I tend to savor wine, I chose that one. I haven't tasted a good wine in a LONG time. Maybe that made it more meaningful to me. (Also, it is that continual tension about "do I post anything truly personal or meaningful on 'the blog' or do I keep those things close?"... even when they are written with food metaphors?!)

 
At 9:58 午後, Blogger 景都 said...

EDIT THAT. Next to last Pedro album: Control. Achilles Heel is the newest, I believe.

 

コメントを投稿

<< Home