log web page visits Blaaarrgh!

月曜日, 2月 16, 2004

BLAAARGH!

This is the third week in a row where I have been prepared to participate in discussions on my class' website but have been denied by something. This week, however, I did not receive the normal 404 error that has plagued me the previous two weeks, this time I was informed that I'm no longer a member of the class. This error message occurred a scant three hours after I had logged in previously, so something in the three hours between logging in, logging out, dinner, walking R to the train station, and getting ready for bed, I was made a nonassociate. This makes me angry, because I don't believe it is my fault; in fact I know it is not my fault, seeing as I could log into every other account that I belong to at the school, even the one that the webpage points back to. So somewhere in this mess, the bits are playing with me and only me. I asked a friend of mine, who is also in the program, whether he could access the page. Lo and behold! He can, so why can't I? Who knows, maybe it is because I'm in Japan. The 404s of the weeks previous would have made that believable, but now it is merely something going wrong with their end of the system. I can do no more. I'm going to bed and when I wake up I hope I can post.